Thursday, November 19, 2015

The Struggle to Remain Hopeful

It is heartbreaking to see so many good people talking about how evil and terrible the world has become.  It can be difficult to see violence in the world and not be fearful.  The realization that a person can possess such strong hatred and disregard for human life is unbelievable.  It could make someone worry that evil is everywhere.  However, turning our backs on each other is not the answer.  Fear, anger and hatred are not the response either.  They only let the bad win and provide what it desires. 

I certainly struggle to remain steadfast in my beliefs when facing sadness, violence or the suffering of human beings in the world.  However, my energy remains strong and grounded in the existence of amazing good.  Allowing the fear and hatred entrance into my heart and that of others is only allowing evil a victory.  I refuse to contribute anything to make that more powerful.

The world is a picture with areas of dark and light.  Each day is filled with amazing beauty, laughter, sorrow, grief, joy, loss and new beginnings.  It is the mix that is ever present in life.  However, allowing the negativity to grow larger and cover the good diminishes the light and only creates more darkness.  

I choose to not let negative events or people depict my picture of the world or the human race. It is a choice that is not always easy to achieve. There are times I falter for a moment or two, but the light brings me back.  I hope to always realize and appreciate the beauty and power of the human spirit, even in the midst of horrible tragedy (personal or far reaching). 


My belief is that humans have the ability to come together for a much larger purpose than violence, hatred and greed.  There is a lot of good in the world, and I choose to help make that side bigger and stronger.  My part might be small: however, with each person that chooses to believe, focus and direct their energy toward the good, it grows ever larger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment