Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Progress: Keep on Lifting



The first time I set foot in a gym I was lucky enough to have a trainer at work to help me with form, technique and exercises to put together.  For a few years I enjoyed this luxury in the gym at work.  I was terrified to leave that security net when I moved away from Indianapolis, but I am happy to say that I have learned to do it on my own.  I do credit that foundation in my ability to do weight lifting with confidence.

On my path here there were plenty of times I did not walk into the gym with the confidence I have today.  I would shy away from exercises I did not feel confident performing in front of others or felt my form was a little shaky.  I am pleased to say this no longer hinders my workouts.  I get in there, pick my spot, move around as my workout prescribes and get it done.  I hold my head up high and find power in lifting those weights, seeing new muscle begin to develop and feel strength I did not have before.      
I have spent much of the last decade battling off weight that stuck around for way too long.  Now that I
have reached my original weight loss goal, although not where I want to stay, I am working on shaping and strengthening my body.  I have a new pace for my life and I love it.  To keep this going I feel confident that I need to build strength, support and a strong foundation for this body to keep up with all the plans I have in my head.  I don't want to slow down anytime soon and I want to take care of this body to get me as far as possible. 

This week I am wrapping up the first four weeks of my new strength training workout program.  It has been a bit messy and probably taken more than 4 weeks.  Life gets in the way from time to time, but just as I do with my eating, I get right back to it the next available chance. Most importantly I have gotten it done and see some definite changes already.  I can't wait to share my before and after pictures when the full 17 weeks is completed.  

I will keep you posted....  

No comments:

Post a Comment