Friday, November 2, 2012

Mirror, Mirror.... Who the Heck is That Person??

Today I was on the elliptical machine in the gym and checked myself out in the mirror at the end of the room.  I was super surprised to see this very fit looking person.  When I work out I tend to focus on the flabby skin that is flopping around or what looks like a large thigh.  I am pleased to see that it might not be nearly as scary an image to other people.

It still amazes me when I catch just the right glimpse of myself in the mirror and have to look again to make sure that really is me.  The image of myself in my head is still so overweight that I almost forget what I really look like.  I am not a super model, by any means, but I have come a long way.  I just hope that my self image catches up with me someday.

I have roughly 30 more pounds to lose and it is coming off really slow.  It might be months before I finally see that number, but I just keep moving forward.

Everyday holds new challenges, obstacles and decisions.  With each one I try to do my best.  That is really all we can ask of ourselves.  I know to never eat a bad food again is unrealistic, but making it a rare occasion as opposed to a daily activity is realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment