Thursday, November 1, 2012

Motivation Where Art Thou??

I will never tell you that this weight loss stuff is easy and that you never fall off the wagon.  Although I have not fully hit the ground, I am hanging onto the wagon.  I am happy to report that this year has been much better than last.  By November of last year I had done a beautiful jump off the wagon, run the other direction and forgotten all about the right path.  In fact, I had already packed back on 10 pounds.

Sure it does seem to be the time of year when I want to hibernate and pack on the pounds.  I like to blame this on my ancestors that lived in caves.  Each year as they headed into winter they had to add weight to stay warm during the winter months.  Maybe I need to pitch my tent outside each winter.  So when you are freezing this winter I will be nice and warm in my layer of fat.

The good news is that I am feeling more motivated with each day.  I am also feeling pretty determined to not allow this weight to creep back on this year.  I am finding that my motivation is much lower than a month or two ago.  I am holding onto the cardio workouts, the eating comes and goes, but the strength training has completely vanished.  I am truly amazed by the minds ability to be completely committed to something and then turn it off without much warning.

I continue to take things one day at a time.  If I miss a cardio workout, I focus on getting it done the next day.  If I have a day where the eating is completely off course, I track it and do better the next day.  Even if the bad habits last for a few days, I just have to make a fresh start the next day.  It is all about forgiving and moving forward.

Tomorrow is a new day and full of possibilities.  May it be filled with strength, happiness and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment