Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Taking Time to Heal and Refocus

I have found that being sick can really mess up a good streak of working out and eating right.  It has been a week since I tracked my food and over a week since I last visited the gym.  

This long interruption to what has become my norm was not caused by just a common cold or a simple 24 hour flu. No sir!  This break was courtesy of a super nasty power flu,  That same famous flu that cancelled Thanksgiving plans, kept kids out of school for a week and sent grown men and women to bed for days at a time.  Even in the recovery days we are left with lingering coughs, sore bodies and days before bodies begin to feel normal again.  

During the last week I have craved comfort foods or no food at all.  I have lounged in my pajamas all day eating pizza, ice cream, take out from favorite restaurants, etc...  It was great, well aside from the flu symptoms that is.  However, I know as well as anyone this can't last forever.  If I head down this path much longer, the only thing that awaits me is cellulite, weights that start with a 2 and months of working hard to lose the same weight all over again.  No thanks!  

Although I still have a few days before I can feasibly get this achy body back to the gym, I know the focus needs to be return to exercise and eating right.  This was just another vacation from what must remain my new lifestyle   Sometimes life slows us down with illness and other hard times to help us refocus and return with new strength.  Tomorrow will be the return to tracking my food, and I truly hope exercise can return by the weekend.  

If you took a break from your routine over the holidays due to travel, Thanksgiving feasts and leftovers, take this opportunity to get back on track with a new focus and a positive attitude.    



No comments:

Post a Comment