Saturday, March 1, 2014

Losing the Same Weight Again...

You would think that when you realize how much work it takes to lose weight that the last thing you would want to do is lose the same pounds again.  However, many times I have found myself right where I am today.  Countless times I have seen these same numbers pass over the scale and wondered why I allowed the weight to come back again.  Thankfully I have never gotten close to the 300 pounds I once was and have only resided in the 200s for a moment a few years ago, but it is still hard to see all that hard work erased.  

Ever since the beginning of my battle with weight, there have been periods of determination that were followed by times of complete disregard for calorie counting and exercise.  When my focus returns I am amazed and a bit humored by the absurdity of my previous thoughts.  My mind justifies my horrible eating in many stupid ways, and I push off exercise for a plethora of idiotic reasons.  It is interesting all the things you can make yourself believe to be valid reasons to not do the things that you so obviously know you should. I know there is just not a good reason but also know these periods of time will inevitably return.  My focus will be to try to limit them as much as possible.  

I have to truly thank my friends for their continued encouragement which helps return me to the right path and keep me focused.  Knowing that I have been a source of inspiration and change for others is truly amazing and helps motivate me to turn this weight gain around.  Therefore, I am going to enjoy my return to calorie counting, caring about what I put into my body and working out with purpose again.  Hopefully this momentum will continue for a while.  


No comments:

Post a Comment