Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Behind the Scenes....

I often blog about my journey, what it means to me, how it has changed my life, etc...  However, there is a very important piece to the puzzle that I don't often give as much credit as it is due.

When you have this type of lifestyle it takes support from others to make it work.  I receive this from my friends and family daily.  They continue to help me push myself to new levels, given me ideas to mix up my workouts, accompany me on hikes, even trained for half marathons with me and allow me time to spend exercising.  When you make this type of lifestyle change the people and things in your life are naturally impacted.  Therefore, they can make it easier or harder depending on the role they play.

Luckily, Kent and the kids have been wonderful throughout this continuing development process to become a stronger and healthier me.  They have allowed me to drag them on hikes, through months of half marathon training and several eating changes that meant clearing out old food and replacing with new healthier choices.  But one of the largest things they do to support me is allow time to exercise.  Some weeks this is no small sacrifice as I can spend over nine hours working out.  This time spent doing these physical activities, I get so much benefit from, is something I have come to appreciate and cherish.  I try to never waste anytime and realize the importance it holds.

This lifestyle is easy for those of us living it, but sometimes those around us don't understand it.  Some will say we are torturing ourselves, insane or should let up a little.  I know my friends and family that don't share this passion/obsession/addiction (whatever you want to call it) don't always understand it, but I am grateful for those of you that are right there anyway.  Thanks for your continued support, love and encouragement.  You have contributed a huge amount to the fact that I have had so much success on this journey.  I did not want all of you to feel your contribution goes unrecognized because I am reminded often of the role others play in this.

I am sure people succeed on this journey without the support of friends and family, but I know mine has been greatly enhanced by this.  I would not want to travel this road without all those that have kept me going and continue to support me.  All my love, respect and thanks is extended to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment