Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The Me You See

I am well aware that I don't always give myself credit for the progress I have made throughout my weight loss journey.  I see a version of me, at times, that is full of flaws.  When I realize this is happening I try to focus on the positive, but I have to admit it is truly hard to see the version of myself that others see.

I recently took a business trip that involved returning to my previous workplace and seeing all my old coworkers.  It was wonderful to see all those people that mean so much, receive warm hugs and wonderful compliments about the way I look.  I won't lie... the little girl inside was glowing after all the comments.  However, there was a sadness because I knew that I have yet to see the physical image they were complimenting. 

It would be nice to have a mirror that shows us the person everyone else sees.  I know part of my problem is the weight issue, that I will always struggle with, but I think this goes for everyone.  We are often hard on ourselves about things that others see in a completely different way, and most likely a much more positive one.  So the next time you receive a compliment take it to heart and give yourself credit where it is due.  And when you look in the mirror and see your faults, pause, and try to focus on all the beautiful things you possess.  

We are all beautiful in a very special and unique way.  Allow yourself to be happy where you are and with who you are.  This does not mean that you stop improving your life through exercise, eating right, strengthening your brain, breaking bad habits, etc.  It just means giving yourself credit for all the amazing things that make you the wonderful person you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment