Thursday, August 21, 2014

Take Time....

Sometimes I find myself sitting alone and replaying the events of recent days/weeks/months.  Tonight, as we close the day, I am reminiscing about the summer of 2014.  Yes, there have been summers with more life changing happenings, bigger changes and maybe even more excitement. However, I was sad to see this one end.  

This summer was a bit of a blur for me.  I spent the beginning prepping for our annual beach trip, the middle working on a presentation for a July business trip and then traveling.  Once that trip was over, it was time to squeeze in the last few weeks of summer.  We made a trip to Charlotte and then last week we finished it out the way it started, in Hilton Head.  After two trips there this summer, I can definitely say that is my happy place.  And.. it became so much better two years ago when my best friend relocated there.  

I had lots of time this summer with my family and friends.  I have some special memories of real quality time spent with the people that I love so dearly.  I want to thank my sister, Mom and best friend, Mel for taking the time out of their lives to spend it with us this summer.  Thanks to my brother for traveling to Charlotte to help us make my mother's birthday special and for watching my furry child so we could go to the beach one last time before summer was over.  I am truly blessed with some amazing people to share this journey.  

I hope that every year you take the time to leave work behind, escape the daily life that keeps us so busy and have some uninterrupted time with those you love.  I am truly grateful to have no doubt that I work so that I can enjoy life spent with those I cherish.  I take great pride in my work, but at the end of the day I turn it off and come home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment