Sunday, August 31, 2014

A Glance at the Past

Tonight I came across a blog that I started in 2008.  The posts were sporadic, but it was fun to be temporarily transported back to such a different place in my life.  In the old posts I discuss having two toddlers, the struggles of living so far away from family and the constant battle with my weight.  I was amazed and felt truly blessed for the ways my life has changed in the six years since then.

In one of the posts I talk about the desire to turn to exercise for stress relief.  Although I seemed to believe that would never be possible for me, it has somehow become a reality.  I discuss the longing to be closer to my family and help my children grow up with their cousins being a more frequent part of their lives. I settle on the belief that would not happen for us, but it certainly has.

It is interesting that we long for things to be different but oftentimes settle on what we feel must be the hand we have been dealt.  It is not until some time later that we learn even those things that seem impossible can become reality with some time and patience.

In the years following those blog posts I was given an amazing opportunity to participate in the Biggest Healthiest Loser program at work and begin my mind and body transformation.  This sent my life in a new direction that has been focused on exercise and healthier choices.  Additionally, taking a new role at work sent my family on a new path.  This one brought us closer to family and to this beautiful place we call home in the Shenandoah Valley.  The person who wrote those blogs would have probably laughed at the prospect of this future.

So many times we feel a situation will never change or that a new path will not be presented to us. However, life happens in the most unexpected ways and many times gives us exactly what we need when the time is right for it.  So hang in there and enjoy this amazing journey through life.

No comments:

Post a Comment