Sunday, September 21, 2014

Taking a Little Break

After having some medical issues, I decided it was time for a break from my regular 11 workouts a week.  Last week has been different than my norm but amazingly relaxing.  I still have not been feeling well so the break had perfect timing.  It was a chance to lessen need for planning my workout times.  I took much needed breaks from work that involved time with Kent.  All in all it was exactly what I needed and the timing was great.

Now as I turn my focus to this coming week part of me longs to get back to it.  I feel excited to get my heart pumping again and long for that amazing high that comes from exercise.  Sure there is a small part of me that would love more time off, but I know it would just get easier to not return and the excitement I feel might fade.  Therefore, my workout bag is packed and I have the routine all planned out.  Tomorrow the break is over and back to my workout routine I head.

Exercise is a huge part of my life and something that I love dearly.  However, I have tried to listen to my body and take breaks when they are needed.  Sure this time my body had to really scream to get my attention, but I finally gave into it and know that I am better for having done just that.

I won't say that is always easy to take breaks because I fear losing the love I have for it and returning to my unhealthy ways.  However, I have become more confident in my own abilities to get back on track, and I have an amazing friend that never allows me to steer too far off course.  Thank God for placing certain people in my path to help me remain focused.  I cherish the people in my life that see a version of myself that I don't and believe in me when sometimes I falter or doubt.  To them I am eternally grateful.

Tomorrow is just another fresh start with new focus, determination and energy.  May it be one of many that will be scattered throughout this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment