Monday, September 22, 2014

Changing the World

When you find something that changes your life, and you see so many amazing benefits to it you obviously want to share it with everyone.  It becomes the topic of conversations, and you try to find ways to get family and friends to try it.  Your hope is that they will find the same greatness within it and their lives will be better for it.

Sometimes I feel like a televangelist when someone talks to me about my workouts.  I sing all the praises of exercise, how it has changed my life and what a difference it can truly make for anyone.  I could talk for hours about all the reasons that excuses are just that, and that anyone can fit this magnificent thing into their lives.  However, no matter how much I say or how long I might talk about it I can't make someone do it.  I wish it were that easy. It seems to all come down to their desire and timing on the journey.  You can't make someone do something, regardless of how much you desire for them to do it.  They must want it bad enough to not make excuses, not let anything stand in their way and make it a priority.  No one can do that for them.

I have seen time and time again those people around me want to change.  They have that initial energy and drive to do it.  It is awesome to see them start out filled with excitement and charge forward.  But sadly I have also seen all that fade, slowly returning back to old ways and then it is all gone.

I am certainly not claiming to be perfect here, trust me.  Although I have seen this in others, there are plenty of times I have traveled that road too.  Before this journey began for me I played out that cycle more times than I would like to admit.  I often ask myself why was this time different and what can I do for these folks to help them stick with it.  I still search for these answers.

I have been truly blessed to have changed a few lives through my journey.  There have been some that found a spark of interest, motivation or determination from my success and turned that into success of their own.  It makes me truly honored to have such an impact on those around me.  I will certainly keep singing the praise of this lifestyle to anyone that will listen and maybe some that would rather not.  More than anything it helps keep me on track, but a definite awesome side effect is helping to change another life along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment