Friday, September 26, 2014

Where it all Began

I barely watch television anymore but last night two of my shows started back. Since I was waiting for the first show to start, I began flipping through the channels.  While doing that something caught my eye, and a lot of memories and feelings rushed over me.  It might sound silly but the show Biggest Loser has a lot to do with my journey.

Many years ago I tuned into this show every week to witness the journey of the contestants.  This was well before I became successful in my own weight loss. Sure I knew their progress was not typical of normal people in typical lives, but I felt inspired and related to their struggles.  It helps to realize there are others dealing with the same battle.  Even the program that changed my life was inspired from the show.

When my company created Biggest Healthiest Loser it seemed like it was a sign or message just for me.  I remember a friend telling me it was awesome because I would be participating in something based on my favorite TV show.  I don't remember having a lot of hope for this program and the ability for it to change something that I had been fighting for well over 20 years, but it seemed worth a shot.

Thank goodness I took that opportunity, participated in the program, found a supportive community of people in similar struggles and realized the ability to succeed on my own.  This show has changed a lot of lives, and I bet it has impacted an even broader audience without even realizing it.

There are still a lot of people battling to lose weight and become healthier.  My hope is that they will find their inspiration and gain the strength to change.  It is not an easy road, but success can be found with hard work, determination and support.  

No comments:

Post a Comment