Monday, August 15, 2016

Letting Go and Keep Moving On

I have found it difficult in life to walk away from something or make a change, even when I realize it would probably be the best thing for me.  This is true for a variety of situations where it feels like change is needed, but instead I resist and remain planted.  It is a battle within my own being.  I am constantly tugged to pull away or change and planting me deeper into place.

This has been a struggle with my weight loss, friendships, lovers, eating healthy, and the list could go on and on.  I see that my current situation or path is unhealthy or possibly littered with pain; however, I find reasons to justify remaining. Part is comfort in these familiar things, and change can most certainly be uncomfortable. However, we can't grow without it and sometimes changes bring the most magical things.  Taking that first step can be the hardest, but it brings promise, hope and opportunity.

Sometimes fear creeps in that I will fall back into the unhealthy pattern or situation. Why can't I just turn and never look back?  Is it the comfort, how good it makes me feel or the convenience of not changing. My brain can come up with one good reason after another to make the change or walk away, but somehow I counteract it in an effort to return to that familiar place.

There will be bumps along the way, but I must keep reminding myself to look deeper and maintain a healthy bit of skepticism.  Reevaluating friendships, goals and habits will help me remember to not linger too long in unhealthy places.

I have so many blessings and wonderful support to help me continue to move in the right direction.  I got this!

Here is to a bright future with many possibilities.  Changes will be necessary, taking on new challenges is a must and facing unfamiliar territory won't be done alone.  May it bring strength, health and happiness!




No comments:

Post a Comment