Monday, October 21, 2013

It has been too long....

I can't believe how long it has been since I wrote here.  A pretty significant event has occured.  Although I have been very consistent with cardio workouts for years, I have not found much success with strength training until recently.

In July, I found a weightlifting routine that did not look too time consuming, but promised results.  I figured with my history of starting and stopping quickly what did I have to lose.  Today I completed the last Monday in the 12 week routine!  I almost can't believe what I have accomplished.  In just a few days I will complete my first full 12 week weightlifting routine, and I am pleased to say you can see a difference when I flex my muscles.  (ha, ha)

Now it is time to plan for what is next.  With the confidence in what I can do, the results I have achieved and some support from those around me, I feel good about this next step toward new strength.

On another subject, I have a new project that I want to complete.  I really want to create a video of pictures and videos that document my weight loss journey so far.  I am sure there will be more milestones down the road, but I want something to represent up to this point.  Getting started on this has proved to be hard because I know how I would like for the end result to look, but getting there seems to be eluding me.  Something to look forward to.... I hope.

Lastly, there are a few things I find that help remind me of where I want to head in life, where I want to lead my children and how I want to inspire other people in health and fitness.  I like to look at pictures of the old me and find they help remind me of all the reasons I don't want to get back to that place.  I try to encourage my children to find ways to remain active, talk to them about fitness and even include them in workouts at home.  The final piece is missing for me.  I want to inspire others to make the changes they want,  Whether it is through support, encouragement or being someone to just listen.  I thought about becoming a trainer, but I don't think that is the right place.  Therefore, I continue to search for areas to explore and ways I might help others on their journey.

Till next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment