Thursday, October 31, 2013

Someone Please Stop Me!!!

Unfortunately, I know this feeling well and remember the self talk that is currently happening inside my head.  It is that voice that tells you it is OK to eat another slice of pizza or that one more piece of Halloween candy won't really make that big of a difference.  This very sweet supportive voice, that is really out to get you in trouble, seems so confident that you can eat like crap one more day and turn everything around tomorrow.  However, there is one problem.  The voice returns the next day to delay getting back on track just a little bit longer.  Sometimes she can even talk you into waiting through the weekend because really Monday is a better day to get back on track.  Amazing how many of those days came and went in my past and nothing ever changed.  The fact is that if you want to change you need to do it that instant and not wait.

Although I have been very consistent with exercise over the last few years, eating right comes and goes with me.  I find it the hardest thing to keep under control, but I also find it is the most beneficial to losing weight.  Therefore, I must find a way to get myself off this self destructive track of eating crap and then telling myself it is OK.  When I sit back and truly think about all the reasons/excuses I have given myself over the years to eat things that I know I shouldn't it is almost comical.  One day I get a pass because it was a stressful day or maybe I am feeling a little sick, how can you possibly eat anything other than comfort food when you have a cold, or maybe the world is just not aligned properly that day.  Whatever the crazy reason I give myself for allowing that piece of cake, that pizza, the nighttime bowl of cereal it is nothing more than justification for what I know is wrong.

I know there will be slips and days where I eat bad things, but I need to get that back to rare occasions and not a daily occurence.  So tomorrow I will steer back to that familiar road and try to get back on track.  

The old saying is that nothing worth doing is ever easy.  Losing all this weight and the daily battle to keep it off has been anything but easy.  However, the benefits I have reaped from all this hard work have been well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment