Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Changes: Letting Go, Moving On and Refocusing

This journey has been accompanied by supportive friends and family from the very beginning.  I can't emphasize enough the impact they have played.  However, I have recently been reminded of the fact that no matter who is around me cheering, pushing, supporting, etc... it is inevitably up to me.  

As we all know life is ever changing and our interactions with other humans change.  It is the nature of this fascinating journey.  Recently the relationship with a friend has changed and caused us to not talk as often.  They were a big force in my journey to a fitter and healthier me.  It might have been delivering a workout that would leave me laying on the ground in exhaustion or sharing the success of a good run. It was nice to have someone that knew the gym as intimately as I did, and shared my passion for pushing hard at every workout.  I hope we will still get to talk from time to time about a workout here and there, but I will miss the more frequent support.  

So I am taking this time to refocus and reinforce in myself the strength I know is there to step up and get the job done.  I still have a great group of supporters.  Many of them don't share my passion for the gym and weight lifting but that does not stop them from pushing me, encouraging me and listening to me.  I am blessed to have some pretty darn awesome friends, and I feel their support often.  

Also, I have started to reach out to new people that share my passion and even share the weight loss piece. Some of these are friends from the beginning of this journey and even some new friends that I have found through blogs, news articles and Facebook.  Although I love the idea of meeting new friends that are in the trenches with me, I am a little scared about this new turn.  But in the end I knew when I started this journey no one else could make it happen, and that is as true today as it was then. People can enhance it, but in the end it is mine to experience and make happen.  I refuse to let this change in my life set me back in any way.  

I will keep showing up and getting the job done.  This is my life, and I know where I am headed. People will come and go over time, but I won't look back for long without continuing to charge ahead toward my goal.  

Thank you to everyone that has outwardly and silently supported my journey.  I truly appreciate it more than I could ever express.  

No comments:

Post a Comment