Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Changes

If there is one thing in life you can always count on, it is change. The response to this obviously differs greatly based on the magnitude of the occurrence.  It can be a simple task change at work, a new boss, a relationship change, moving to a new place or the loss of someone in your life.  These all have an impact on our lives, big and small. 

It can feel difficult or even impossible to accept; however, in truth there is very little the human spirit can not rally through.  I can testify to the fact that life on the other side looks different and at times you long for that past place, situation or person.  But....life does move on.  

I have experienced some difficult times in my life, but it has definitely been counterbalanced with some pretty amazing changes, as well.  This time of year is difficult as my spirit feels closer than normal to the loss of my father.  I certainly remember him throughout the years and talk about him with the children often, but this time of year is just a little more difficult.  I tend to become more sensitive, a little more down than normal and just a bit sad.  I don't plan for the arrival of these feelings and sometimes I am caught completely off guard by them.  In all truth, it is just one of those things, and I am alright with it.  

I remain in awe of the amazing strength the human spirit possesses in the face of loss, change and/or a new path.  I have seen people that are led down a new path, sometimes paved by their own doings and sometimes as a result of others decisions/actions, and I am inspired by their optimism and strength.  Change can be hard, especially when you are used to or expect one outcome and are left with another.  I have great respect for those that charge ahead, sometimes without a real understanding of where they are headed but know that they must keep moving. 

Life will certainly knock the wind out of your from time to time.  It is completely normal to grieve or be angry, but those things can't take over.  From time to time we all have difficulty understanding, accepting and moving beyond a change, so never beat yourself up if you find it hard sometimes.  Just remember that you can make it through.  

It definitely will look a little different on the other side, but it will be OK.  Luckily, for many, there is a great network of friends and family to help see them through.. And sometimes they are there to share in those down moments when the memories flood us and we just can't keep it together.  It is one of the true joys in life to share this journey with those that just get us and understand without even a word.  

Each morning as I am getting ready for work I read a saying that I inherited from my grandmother, and I often imagine it is her sharing this wish for me.  I share it with you now, as my wish for you.  

Wishing you always 
Love to surround you, Warm memories to cheer you,
Good fortune to walk beside you, and
Happiness to fill your heart

No comments:

Post a Comment