Friday, October 10, 2014

Wishing Time Away

Sometimes I feel like I spend my days, weeks, etc wishing for time to speed up.  When the days feel long, busy and stressful I find myself wishing for 5 o'clock.  When the week has me feeling a little beaten up I find myself wishing for Friday to hurry up and get here.  I want to find ways to look at life a bit different because I hate feeling like I am wishing for hours of my life to pass.  I know how truly precious these moments are, and I want to cherish them more.    

I am lucky to work for my company, and I feel fortunate for all the people I get to meet and help. I can certainly get overwhelmingly busy and begin to feel stressed about work, but I have tried to keep a healthier outlook on this lately.  I get help when needed and realize that I can't do it all.  It is not healthy for me to try to do it all, and there is really no need for me to take all that on by myself.  My work/life balance is so much better than it was in the past.  

I take my job seriously and take great pride in doing the best job I can.  However, I try to leave work there, and take the time I need with my family.  They are truly the most important things in my life and the reason I work hard.  I want to give them great memories of time together, and a good example of a life that is truly balanced between responsibilities to a job and a family.  May they grow up to truly value this as a necessary part of life.  


No comments:

Post a Comment