Friday, September 14, 2012

Finding your Limits and Testing Them

Tonight's workout was all about variety, pushing myself and getting out of my comfort zone.  I love workouts that make me sweat, and I don't mean a little glisten.  Nope folks, I love works that leave me dripping in sweat.  This makes me feel like I have really worked hard and made the time worthwhile.  I doubt it is a definite indicator of either, but makes me feel good nonetheless.

I don't go there too often, but I like to take a workout to the limit at times.  I feel that it is good for my training and helps me improve in all physical areas.  My belief is that you never really know what kind of effort you are giving if you don't know where your edge lies.  I have also read a lot about taking yourself out of you comfort zone to get real progress.

During these workouts I find it more important than usual to listen to my body.  I want to push myself, but I am certainly not stupid about it.  It fascinates my how much your body will tell you, but you have to be willing to listen.  Don't sell yourself short by not doing your best.  If you are going to spend the time doing something, make it worthwhile.



No comments:

Post a Comment