Friday, September 7, 2012

Reasons, Motivations and More

One of the main reasons I have wanted to lose weight throughout my life has been to look a certain way.  At times it was even about revenge.  I wanted to strut a thin beautiful body in front of those that rejected me because of my weight.  The truth is I was better off without those people. If you can't look past the outside and love what is inside a person you are not worthy of their love.  

I feel truly blessed to have a husband that fell in love with me when I was well over 200 pounds.  He loved me at 300 pounds, and he loves me now.  I feel badly for the women that can't gain 10 pounds without their man commenting or even insulting them.  

As the years pass and my life has changed, my reasons for wanting a thinner, healthier body have changed.  Sure I want to look good and turn some heads.  Who does not want that, right?  However, that reason is not at the top of the list anymore.  Now it is about setting an example and creating a new trend in my family.  

Many generations of my family have been overweight.  I know my children will have a predisposition to be overweight, but I want to instill in them a lifestyle that will make the fat cells have to work really, really hard to win them over.  Exercise will hopefully be part of their daily lives and not something they have to force into it.  Even now I have overheard them talking about exercise or going to the gym in their imaginative play.  That fills my heart with joy.  

I am pleased to say that I am no longer alone in my fight to change the overall direction this family is headed.  My sister joined the journey to a healthier and more fit lifestyle.  She too is charting a course for her son to be healthy throughout his life.  Her husband in full support of her new lifestyle made these changes with her.  They have both had a huge amount of success and are now seeing numbers on the scale that have not shown for years.  It is great to have more of the family on this path with me.  The support of family is such an amazing thing.

My brother's son has also charted a path to a new healthier lifestyle.  His accomplishments inspire me.  He is an amazing kid and is destined for greatness. 

I never felt my weight kept me from achieving things in my life, until I lost a lot of it.  My boss even commented on the transformation.  As the weight came off new confidence emerged.  I felt better, looked better and it showed!  




No comments:

Post a Comment