Thursday, September 20, 2012

Work in Progress....

I am trying to work on more than just my weight loss and fitness.  I am trying to focus on doing the right things in life.  This could be turning challenges into opportunities, highlighting the positives or making sure every person that has contact with me is better for it.  One thing that has posed a challenge for me is trying to eliminate judgement of others.  

I believe that life is an awesome gift.  I don't want to let someone else live mine for me, nor do I want to tell another person how to live theirs.  Your situation, circumstances and life is all your own.  It is not fair for me to impose my feelings, beliefs or opinions about what I feel you should do.  If you want advice, guidance or support, you can guarantee I will provide it; however, when I cross the line you may thank me and point that out.  Even with advice, I can tell you what I would do in that situation, but in the end it is your life.  You need to make the decision that is right for you.  

Sometimes instead of understanding the purpose of someones goal or behavior we mark it as unusual and weird.  If we took the time to listen, we might be truly inspired by their story.  Some people that have great ideas may hesitate to share them for fear of being judged by another.  This is not fair.  

We are all unique individuals and the beauty of our interaction with others are our differences.  Why then is it so hard for us to embrace those things that make someone else who they are?  I may not believe your political or religious beliefs.  That does not instantly make one of us right and the other wrong.  It just makes us unique. 

I do not think that my beliefs are right for everyone, actually I only truly know they are right for me.  I want to learn more about others experiences and beliefs and do less judging of their life.  If everyone could just take the time to truly listen to someones story without imposing judgement, they might be truly fascinated, learn something new or find an answer they are seeking.  

I want to raise my children to care and love deeply.  I hope to teach them the value in not judging others and instead learn the story that people have to share.  Life is an amazing journey.  We need to spend more time enjoying our own lives and less on telling others what to do with their own.    

Our lives are certainly not perfect; therefore, we have no right to place judgement on another.  We are so quick to make an assumption about someone without even knowing the facts, circumstances and  true reason for the behavior.  Next time you feel the urge to throw out a judgement instead ask questions, learn about them and listen to their story. 


No comments:

Post a Comment