Saturday, September 15, 2012

New Challenges

I have completed a hand full of races over the years with lengths from 5K to 13.1 miles.  I will definitely do more of those in the future, but a new challenge has been placed in my fitness path.  With the encouragement, well to be honest, harassment from a dear friend I signed up for the Virginia Warrior Dash.  Since I felt this task was more than I wanted to take on alone, I recruited Kent to join me.  On a side note, the awesome thing about my husband is that he will always go along with my crazy ideas of things that we should do together.  

The Warrior Dash is about as easy as you can get when it comes to obstacle races, and it seemed like the most logical place to enter this arena.  Still I wanted to mix up my training some to include strength work.  However, I did not want to do just traditional weights in the gym.  I found an awesome site that is for people preparing for Spartan Races, which is something I hope to tackle in the future.  I receive a workout of the day, and new ideas on fitness training have been introduced to me.  I love the creative workouts that usually consist of things everyone has access to without a gym.

I have added a countdown to my phone that tells me the number of days that remain until the Warrior Dash.  This morning it became even more realistic when I saw 14 days.  That is only two weeks!!

So with only 14 days remaining till the race I have started to really think about what workouts I want to fit into my time.  This weekend I hope to get out and do some none traditional work.  One thought that has presented itself is to find a playground and spend an hour climbing walls, jumping over things and any other creative thing I can come up with.  Then I can take the kids along and they will be entertained too.  Not your traditional exercise, that is for sure.




2 comments:

  1. You will so kick butt, Molly! Have fun during the challenge and enjoy the experience and time you and Kent get to spend together, doing something new and challenging!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Today we practiced some climbing on the playground and a froze on top of one of the high things. I really hope not to do that in the race. LOL Thank goodness Kent will be with me.

    ReplyDelete