Saturday, September 29, 2012

Today is the day....

In four hours I will begin my first Warrior Dash.  I can't figure out whether excitement can be listed on the set of emotions that are currently racing through my body.  I definitely feel a bit nervous about this endeavor.  People definitely take on much harder challenges, but this is a big one for me at this moment.  Once we get there and are surrounded by the excitement and energy, I am hoping that feeling will disappear. I can't remember now, but I would assume my first half marathon was similar.

We arrived in Williamsburg last night and checked into the resort.  Much to our surprise we have a jacuzzi out on the back porch.  That was a very nice treat for a pre Warrior soak, and I am sure it will feel GREAT tonight after this is all said and done.  Anyway, we are about 45 minutes away from the location of the Dash. Kent and I will head out early this morning, and my family will bring the kids closer to our actual start time.  I really hope they make it in time to see us.

I have been told that obstacle events are a lot of fun and that once you are done you want to do it again.  I am planning for that outcome and on having the best time ever.  See you at the finish line!


No comments:

Post a Comment