Sunday, September 23, 2012

In a Bad Mood?? Find Something To Do!!!

Sometimes my mood shifts and everything seems to be going wrong.  Tonight's nasty mood resulted in making a horrible choice for dinner followed by a bit of sulking.  After I had enough feeling sorry for myself, for NO reason at all, I decided to put myself to work.

If you know me well and have been to my house, you know I like to stay organized.  This is one reason I have a small house, the other being a true fact of laziness.  I figure the bigger the house the more I will have to clean.  Why in the world do I want to spend more of my time doing that?  I love the amount of space I have, with the exception of when there is too much stuff sitting around.  This results in feelings of the house swallowing me up.  Normal people would not find what I call clutter anything more than a few misplaced items, but they drive me insane. I am a little OCD about these things.  Please don't ever move the small rugs in my kitchen because I could likely have a panic attack.  :)

Anyway, with all this nastiness that was built up tonight I decided to go to work purging, organizing and sorting.  The purging part is my favorite.  There is something very powerful about going through things and getting rid of the unnecessary items.  It instantly lifts my mood.  Therefore, after 2 hours of these activities, I am feeling much better.

This also helped me avoid some emotional eating that I felt might be closing in prior to this decision to work around the house.  Now to find just a tad bit more energy to clean out my closet.  I recently went through the clothes that were in the too small pile.  The good news is that many of these items now fit me.  The bad news is that my clothing just expanded by another half.  This is really, really bad news for my closet.  Although we have a gigantic 8x10 closet, it serves many functions.  This results in few places for actual clothes. Therefore, I must make some decisions about what to keep and what to donate.  Wish me luck on this endeavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment