Monday, September 24, 2012

The Bully Versus The Fat Girl

So you are probably thinking this will be all about the times I was bullied about being fat.  Although that certainly happened, that is not the topic for tonight.  The bully and the fat girl that star here in cyberspace tonight both reside inside my own twisted mind.

I assume everyone feels pulled by something inside them at different times or debates an action/thought with themselves.  If not, I am okay with just being a total freak.  

I refer to the two forces at play in my weight loss/fitness journey as the skinny girl and the fat girl.  The image of them is similar to that of the angel and the devil that appear when someone is debating a decision.  I have one that is telling me I can't do that workout, succeed at losing weight or will fail at a physical challenge. The other is pushing me harder, helping direct me in healthy decisions or thinking up insane ideas for currently unobtainable goals.

It has recently come to my attention that one of these forces has become a bit of a bully.  The skinny girl, now referred to as "the bully", appears to be hell bent on getting the fat girl to give up old habits, not eat bad foods and workout regularly.  She creates urges to take on a really tough workout or push myself much harder than normal.  I can't help but think the bully is really trying to beat the fat girl out of me.

I have to admit that I am starting to really enjoy this battle that is waging.  I have had some pretty awesome workouts, even my cardio sessions are more intense lately. I have a new creativity when looking at ways to mix up my exercise routines.  This bully seems to be taking a hold of me, and I think I might be in love with her.  I really hope she sticks around.  Although the fat girl has been around for a while, I am ready for a change.


No comments:

Post a Comment