Saturday, September 8, 2012

There Will Be Days Like This!!

There are many days where I start out so strong and powerful, but then I make a stupid choice before the day is over.  This morning I woke up early, grabbed a granola bar and jogged to the gym.  Once there I did 45 minutes on one of the cardio machines.  After I was done at the gym, I walked the 1.25 miles back home.  

I made good food choices throughout the day, but by afternoon I felt so hungry and wanted to eat everything in sight.  I pushed off the temptations and lectured myself on the consequences of a bad food choice.  I have been so frustrated with my lack of weight loss that I should be militant about the calories, carbs, sodium, etc..

Tonight I am sad to report that my weak side won.  Now that I have consumed the forbidden food I feel guilty as heck.  I know that guilt will get me no where; therefore, I am just going to track the bad food, like the good ones.  This holds me accountable for this bad decision and reminds me of it.  Then I am going to move forward, make the right decisions and do my best.

The lesson to be learned today is that I am human.  Everyday on the journey is not going to be perfect, I am going to make some bad choices, but I can't let them control me.  I have found in my experience that once I let the guilt creep in, the journey gets harder and I have a higher likelihood to completely run off course. The best way to deal with these bad choices is to accept them and move on. Tomorrow is another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment